Best Foot Massager for Plantar Fasciitis
Your foot has thick, fibrous band of tissue (”fascia”) reaching from your heel to your toes. These tissues support the muscles and arch of the foot. When they’re overly stretched, tiny tears can occur in their surface. These tiny tears will cause inflammation and pain. A number of things can contribute to plantar fasciitis. While men can get plantar fasciitis, it’s more common in women. You’re also more likely to suffer from this condition as you are older, if you’re overweight, or on your feet for several hours a day. If you have plantar fasciitis, you might need the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis. Check out this short video which explains it’s causes and treatments:
One of the best ways to help the pain suffered from plantar fasciitis is to massage the foot. Massaging the bottom of your feet and manually stretching your plantar fascia ligament will help relieve your pain. Focus on the base of your heel where your plantar fascia ligament meets your heel bone, and massage in a circular motion with your thumbs. You can also apply pressure and massage lengthwise along the plantar fascia ligament from the ball of your foot down to the base of the heel bone. Here is a video on how to massage the foot to relieve some plantar fasciitis pain:
While having a physical therapist conduct some of these massaging techniques on you is very helpful, it is often not possible for many of us to have access to a physical or massage therapist. Also sometimes preforming self-message is not comfortable, or we don’t have the strength to perform the massage correctly. So we tested out several different kinds of massagers to see which one helped out our plantar fasciitis pain the best. Each had there own pros and cons.
What to look for in a plantar fasciitis massager
- Effective Relief
- Ease of Use
For a massager to be helpful, you need to use it. Being able to bring the massager with you wherever you might need relief from plantar fasciitis pain or relief from some other type of pain is important.
If you are going to use a massager, you want it to work. If the massager doesn’t provide effective relief of your plantar fasciitis pain, then why use it at all.
Ease of Use
The plantar fasciitis massager should be easily used. I shouldn’t take a Ph.D., to be able to use it to provide relief. After all, if the massager can be used easily, you more than likely will not use it at all.
In order for a plantar fasciitis massager to work effectively, you must put a good deal of pressure on the massager. If the massager breaks after a few uses, you will not reap the benefits of the massage.
|TheraFlow Foot Massager Roller||Prime||Buy Now|
|Physix Gear Massage Balls||Prime||Buy Now|
|TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller||Prime||Buy Now|
|11 Force Therapy Message Balls||Prime||Buy Now|
After reviewing the foot massagers we felt the TheraFlow Foot Massager Roller was the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis. The TheraFlow Foot Massager Roller provided all the benefits a foot massager should have including ease of use, portability, durability, and expected results.
Best foot massagers for plantar fasciitis in depthTheraFlow Foot Massager Roller
- Designed to target trigger points in the foot arch, heels & rest of body.
- Nubs & grooves on roller kneads, stimulates & relaxes soft feet tissue, hands & the body
- Can also be used as a handheld acupressure massage tool for the rest of the body. Improves blood flow & circulation
- Can be used for both feet at a time
- People seem to really love the portability of the massager.
- People thought it was very easy to use.
- Most thought the product was very durable and a great value.
- Some thought it took a little practice to learn how to use the massager correctly
- A few people thought that the roller grip material was not sufficient for letting the massager slide when in use.
- Some thought it was too small to be used effectively and therefore wouldn’t recommend it.
- Spiky massage ball can withstand up to 300 lbs of pressure.
- Comes in two different sizes.
- Releases tension in tight uncomfortable muscles, helps sciatica, increases blood circulation
- Unique Rubber Grip Spiky balls won’t slip on wood floor wall or skin.
- People seem to really love the portability and durability.
- People felt the spikes helped in the release of deep tissue.
- Most thought the product was versatile and could be used on other body parts.
- Most also like that the ball did not slip because of its texture.
- Some thought the spikes were too hard, were uncomfortable.
- A few people felt the ball had lost some of its firmness after a short period of time.
- Others thought the ball’s texture was a little too slippery to be used on a wall.
- Designed to soothe foot/ heel pain due to plantar fasciitis
- Promotes better blood flow to enhance overall health
- Perfect for feet of all sizes & very portable
- Sturdy, stable & solid construction
- Users like that you can massage both feet at the same time.
- People also felt that the massager was very sturdy and rolls smoothly.
- Most thought that it provides a great massage and helped relive their plantar fasciitis pain.
- Some thought it didn’t provide the correct amount of pressure.
- Others thought using the Dual Foot Massager was painful, and not for sensitive feet.
- Some felt it was a little large and not as portable as other massagers.
- Three balls come in the set, 2 spiked and 1 regular lacrosse ball
- Each ball is a different hardness to help with different levels of massage.
- Help feel less tension and pain, triggering pressure points
- Increases blood flow and circulation
- Comes with three different balls to help with many massage issues.
- People like that the balls came in a travel bag making them that much more portable.
- People seem to agree that the different features of each ball spiky, porcupine, and lacrosse have the correct firmness.
- Some felt the balls were to firm, and needed to be softer to be used more often.
- A few people felt the balls were too small and not useful.
- Some thought the ball was not firm enough especially the spiky balls.
So What is the Best Foot Massager for Plantar Fasciitis
After reviewing the foot massagers we felt the TheraFlow Foot Massager Roller was the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis. The TheraFlow Foot Massager Roller provided all the benefits a foot massager should have including ease of use, portability, durability, and expected results. However, you couldn’t go wrong with any of the massagers that were reviewed. If you are having plantar fasciitis pain, it is important to see a doctor for a checkup. You deserve to feel better and get back to your day-to-day activities. With the right care and treatment plan, you will be back on health feet in no time.