Running and Achilles Tendon Soreness
So you love to run, but your Achilles Tendon is bothering you and maybe you have Achilles Tendonitis, you need an Achilles Tendon Brace for Running. A brace will help support your problematic Achilles Tendon.
We reviewed 4 different braces to see which Achilles tendon brace for running is the best. We chose the Cho-Pat Achilles Tendon Strap as the best Achilles tendon brace for running. The Cho-Pat Achilles Tendon Strap was the best all-round performer, by supporting the Achilles as well as helping to lessen any pain.
The Achilles tendon is the largest tendon in the human body. It connects your heel bone to your calf muscles and is used when walking, running, and jumping. Achilles tendonitis occurs when the Achilles tendon becomes inflamed or aggravated. Achilles tendonitis occurs in the middle area of the tendon which is slightly above the heel, and typically affects athletes and younger individuals.
Achilles tendonitis can also occur in anyone, even people who are not active and occurs on the lower portion of the heel. It’s common for this tendon to get injured. It can be mild or moderate and feel like a burning pain or stiffness in that part of your leg. If the pain is severe, your Achilles tendon may be partially torn or completely ruptured.
I tend to fall into the second group these days. My achilles tendonitis usually hurts in the lower portion my heal and migrates from foot to foot depending on if I have been doing yard work or walking around my office.
What are the qualities of a good Achilles Tendon Brace for Running
A good brace will have many good qualities which are important to a runner with an Achilles injury or is suffering from Achilles tendonitis. Here are a few that we think are most important:
You need to be able to adjust the brace so that it fits the foot correctly as you engage in your exercise, in this case running. Being able to adjust brace will allow you to feel secure yet flexible while you are running.
A good Achilles tendon brace will have good compression. Compression is key to the recovery process and to help against further injury. Compression will guide the stabilization of the joints. This will help with the reduction of swelling and bruises. Also allowing good blood circulation to the area which will help in the healing process.
Running can be a difficult activity. If you have a sore Achilles tendon, you will want the brace to be comfortable for those short jogs or longer running sessions.
|1||Cho-Pat Achilles Tendon Strap||Comfortable Compression
Stays in Place
|2||MDUB Medical Achilles Tendon Strap||Flexible Material
|3||Asoonyum Ankle Support Brace||Dual Adjustable Straps
Support with Flexiblity
|4||PowerLix Ankle Brace Compression Sleeve||Even compression
Flexibility and Support
Achilles Tendon Brace for Running In Depth
The brace comes in 3 different sizes and two colors. Made in the USA.
- Firm yet comfortable compression
- Adjustable strap for max effectiveness
- Stays in place
- Helps reduce stress by gently lifting the heel
The brace comes in 3 different sizes and two colors. Made with a neoprene blend.
- Firm yet comfortable compression
- Adjustable Cross strap creates more pressure on the sides and back of Achilles
- Light and soft
- Universal sizing
- The brace can be used for other injuries such as shin splints, jumpers knee, and Patella Tendonitis
Name: Asoonyum Ankle Support
Is a one size fits most brace. The brace is made of neoprene and has dual adjustable velcro straps.
- Adjustable double straps offer strong ankle stabilization
- Neoprene provides properly generated compression to reduce injury and swelling
- One size fits most is good for men and women
- Good for post-surgery recovery.
Brace comes in 4 sizes and 2 colors. Made of a tight-fitting breathable compression fabric.
- Apply even pressure across the Achilles tendon to provide support and pain relief
- Compression to help with joint stability and blood circulation
- All day long wearability helps promote healing and recovery
What do People think about the top 5 Achilles Tendon Brace for Running
- People like that the brace was designed in America with the Mayo Clinic
- Most felt that it helped in recovery and running
- Some thought the fit was small so they needed to go up a size
- Most felt that it helped with relief from the Achilles tendon pain
- Most felt the brace was good support for Achilles injuries
- People felt like it was comfortable to wear will exercising and day to day activities
- Some felt the brace could not be adjusted correctly causing looseness while using it.
- A few people noted that the brace’s durability was not as good as some of the other braces in this category.
Name: Asoonyum Ankle Support
- Most agree that the brace is good for supporting the ankle and Achilles tendon.
- People felt the that the one size fits most was nice and could fit most people without measurement.
- Some felt the quality was lacking and the straps broke off.
- Some felt the one size fit all was not correct and believe the brace was either too small for men and too big for women.
- People appear to agree that this brace helps with ankle support and compression.
- Most like the number of sizes and colors.
- Some said the support was only moderate and would be good for lower degree injuries
- Some felt that the sizing of the brace was a little small.
Which One Should You Get?
So which brace should you get? Each of the four braces we reviewed were pretty good at supporting the Achilles. Helping make you feel more stable in your day-to-day activities. If you are searching for the Best Achilles Tendon Brace for Running you want a brace that has:
In this case, you couldn’t go wrong with any of these picks, but in our opinion, the Best Achilles Tendon Brace for Running was the Cho-Pat Achilles Tendon Strap . We just felt it met each of the criteria that are important for an Achilles tendon brace to have. If you are having Achilles tendon pain, it is important to see a doctor for a checkup. You deserve to feel better and get back to your day-to-day activities. With the right care and treatment plan, you will be back on health feet in no time.
- If you have an Achilles tendon injury check out Best brace for Achilles tendon injury
- If you have Achilles tendonitis you might want go over and read Best Ankle Brace for Achilles Tendonitis
- Have you heard of KT Tape, you might want to check out this article KT Tape for Plantar Fasciitis Review . I have personally used KT Tape to help my Achilles Tendonitis, and seems to have helped greatly.
- Remeber RICE .