Are you having pain in your feet? If so you might want to find the best foot cream for pain. There are many different types of foot cream that are used for pain relief. In this post, we will review several different foot creams that are great a treating pain associated with plantar fasciitis, ankle sprains and achilles tendonitis.
We hope you love the products we recommend! If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission
After reviewing several different brands of foot creams, we felt the best foot cream for pain was Topricin Foot Pain Relief Cream. We felt that Topricin Foot Pain Relief Cream was the best overall product to help reduce your foot pain related issues.
- 1 Creams for Pain Relief
- 2 What are Pain Relief Creams?
- 3 How do Pain Relief Creams Work?
- 4 What Can a Pain Relief Cream do for You?
- 5 What is the Best Foot Cream for Pain
- 6 Which is the best foot cream for pain?
Creams for Pain Relief
So you might be wondering, why use a pain relief cream instead of an OTC (over the counter) oral pain relief product such as acetaminophen or Non-Steroid Anti Inflammatory (NSAID). Pain relief creams can help with the following:
- Sore muscles and joints
- Muscle strains
- Joint pain from arthritis
- Back Pain
- Foot Pain
One of the major benefits is that the product can be applied directly to the affected area. While oral pain relievers like acetaminophen or Non-Steroid Anti Inflammatory (NSAID), will help with your pain and discomfort. They affect the entire body, and you might just want to target a very specific area.
What are Pain Relief Creams?
Pain relief creams also are known as topical pain relievers. Topical pain relievers are products that you apply directly to your skin to help relieve pain and inflammation. There are many types of topical pain relievers:
- pain relief gels
- hot and cold packs
Some of the pain relief creams use heat as the therapy, using an ingredient like capsaicin. Others use cold therapy through ingredients like menthol. You might not be able to use one type or other depending on your skin sensitivity and personal preference.
How do Pain Relief Creams Work?
That really is a great question, and I am not sure I have a good answer for that. The truth is, that researchers really don’t know for sure how topical pain relievers work on the body. The research does show that pain relief creams do work, but the exact key behind it all is still a theory. The Gate Control Theory of Pain suggests that these pain relief creams either caused by the cooling effects of menthol, or the effects of heat, block the pain signals traveling from your point of pain to your brain.
What Can a Pain Relief Cream do for You?
Pain doesn’t go away when you go to work out or play with your children. Having a pain relief option that you can take with you on the go is important. Pain relief creams can be taken with you wherever you go. By having a pain relief cream on hand you can get back to doing what you need to and love.
So what is in this stuff?
As always when trying new skin products you will want to take into consideration any skin sensitivity issues you might have. Look for products that do not use parabens and petroleums, but are moisturizing, non-irritating and have little or no odor.
Make sure the pain relief cream you use is trusted by professionals. Also, you will want to look for a product that is used and recommended by healthcare professionals, which all of the pain relief creams in this review are.
Application of the Pain Relief Cream
- Wash your hands prior to application
- Use it on sore muscles and joints
- Store it in a cool dry place
- Consult a physican if your issue worsens
- Don’t touch your face when applying a pain relief cream
- Stay away from excessive heat
- Do not apply to broken or open skin
- Do not ingest any pain relief cream
What is the Best Foot Cream for Pain
|Topricin Foot Pain Relief Cream||Buy Now|
|Biofreeze Pain Relief Cream||Buy Now|
|Penetrex Pain Relief Cream||Buy Now|
|Real Time Pain Relief Cream||Buy Now|
Topricin Foot Pain Relief Cream
Specially formulated to effectively treat foot and ankle pain anytime you need it. Offers soothing treatment for tender and sore feet. It is effective on sports and impact injuries and bruising. The cream is fast absorbing, odorless, and non-irritating.
- Helped heal pain fast for foot pain
- Helped relieve pain due to neuropathy
- Goes on smooth and is non-sticky
- Some felt it wasn’t strong enough to reduce the pain
- The pain relief could be inconsistent based on the application
- Some felt the bottle didn’t let you use all the product
Biofreeze Pain Relief Cream
Long last cooling topical analgesic. It is designed for sore muscles and joints. It is a thick non-greasy cream that contains natural moisturizers while also preventing pain.
- Users loved the non-sticky application
- Relived pain with cool soothing effects
- Was able to relieve muscle pain very fast
- Some felt the jar was too small and wanted more product
- Users felt it was not effective as Biofreeze’s gel product
- Wasn’t strong enough for the severe pain they were experiencing
Penetrex Pain Relief Cream
Penetrex is a quick, strong and long-lasting pain relief and recovery cream. It was designed to not “mask” the pain you are suffering from a cooling or heating effect but to actually treat the pain you are suffering. The formula is non-greasy and non-staining and is odor free.
- Users felt that it help reduce pain immediately
- Most liked that it was non-greasy and odor free
- Some felt it was great at reducing inflammation
- Some felt it wasn’t strong enough to reduce more severe pain
- Users described that it lost effectiveness after 7 -10 days of continued use
- The price of the product was an issue with many users feeling it was too expensive
Real Time Pain Relief Cream
Targeted fast pain relief in minutes. Helps treat acute and chronic muscle and joint pain. The formula absorbs fast, has a nice smell, non-staining, non-greasy, and no residue.
- Works quickly on muscle and joint pain
- Works in minutes
- Has no strong medicinal or menthol odor
- Some felt it wasn’t strong enough to handle the more severe pain
- Several users reported that the product was to expensive based on the results it gave
- Users felt the pain relief from the cream didn’t last long enough
Which is the best foot cream for pain?
After reviewing each of these pain relief creams, we felt that the best foot cream for pain was the Topricin Foot Pain Relief Cream. We felt that Topricin Foot Pain Relief Cream was the best overall product to help reduce your foot pain related issues. While all of these products are great at reducing pain and making you feel better, Topricin Foot Pain Relief Cream is specifically designed for foot pain. If you are experincing pain in your feet or ankle that might require you to use one of these pain relief creams, then you should make an appointment with your physician. With the correct treatment plan, and maybe a little help from a pain relief cream, you will be back on healthy feet in no time at all.
- Have you tried massaging away your Plantar Fasciitis pain? Read Best Foot Massager for Plantar Fasciitis
- Have you ever used KT Tape? Read KT Tape for Plantar Fasciitis Review. I have personally used KT Tape to help with my own plantar fasciitis and achilles tendonitis.
- Do you know what a TENS or EMS can do for your pain? Check out TENS or EMS for Ankle Pain
- If you want other suggestions on how you get rid of your foot pain, read 10 Remedies for Foot Pain